Day 11 of the Winter Olympics in Beijing was a positive one for the United States, as Team USA had multiple accomplishments to be proud of. Erin Jackson won gold in speedskating, becoming the first American to win an individual speedskating medal since 2010 and the first Black woman ever to do so. Team USA’s men’s hockey team defeated Germany to win Group A and earn a bye into the quarterfinals, and Kaillie Humphries took home gold in the women’s monobob.
While the United States takes its bye, Day 12 of the Olympics will feature Team USA’s women’s hockey team in the semifinals against Finland. Meanwhile, the Men’s women’s aerial finals and men’s slopestyle finals headline the skiing events before Mikaela Shiffrin takes the slopes again looking for her first medal in the women’s downhill. Team USA will also be in action in men’s curling with a round robin match against Switzerland.
Day 12: Feb. 15
(All Times Eastern)
- Men’s team ski jumping, large hill – 5:10 a.m.
- Women’s skiing, aerials final – 6 a.m.
- Men’s bobsled two man, heats 1 and 2 – 7 a.m.
- Women’s hockey semifinal USA vs. Finland – 8 a.m.
- Men’s curling round robin, USA vs. Switzerland – 8 p.m.
- Men’s skiing slopestyle final – 8:30 p.m.
- Women’s snowboarding big air final – 8:30 p.m.
- Women’s skiing downhill final featuring Mikaela Shiffrin – 10 p.m.