Kentucky @ Tennessee
Current Records: Kentucky 21-4; Tennessee 18-6
What to Know
The #16 Tennessee Volunteers and the #4 Kentucky Wildcats are set to square off in an SEC matchup at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 15 at Thompson-Boling Arena. The Volunteers are out to keep their 11-game home win streak alive.
Tennessee was able to grind out a solid win over the Vanderbilt Commodores this past Saturday, winning 73-64. Tennessee can attribute much of their success to guard Zakai Zeigler, who had 16 points and five assists, and forward John Fulkerson, who had 12 points in addition to six rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Florida Gators typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday the Wildcats proved too difficult a challenge. UK made easy work of Florida and carried off a 78-57 victory. It was another big night for UK’s forward Oscar Tshiebwe, who posted a double-double on 27 points and 19 boards.
The wins brought the Volunteers up to 18-6 and UK to 21-4. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Tennessee enters the game with only 63.1 points allowed per game on average, good for 32nd best in college basketball. But the Wildcats come into the matchup boasting the eighth most points per game in college basketball at 81.3. We’ll see which of these strengths — offense or defense — will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Thompson-Boling Arena — Knoxville, Tennessee
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.00
The Volunteers are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Wildcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Volunteers as a 1-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Tennessee have won eight out of their last 15 games against Kentucky.
- Jan 15, 2022 – Kentucky 107 vs. Tennessee 79
- Feb 20, 2021 – Kentucky 70 vs. Tennessee 55
- Feb 06, 2021 – Tennessee 82 vs. Kentucky 71
- Mar 03, 2020 – Tennessee 81 vs. Kentucky 73
- Feb 08, 2020 – Kentucky 77 vs. Tennessee 64
- Mar 16, 2019 – Tennessee 82 vs. Kentucky 78
- Mar 02, 2019 – Tennessee 71 vs. Kentucky 52
- Feb 16, 2019 – Kentucky 86 vs. Tennessee 69
- Mar 11, 2018 – Kentucky 77 vs. Tennessee 72
- Feb 06, 2018 – Tennessee 61 vs. Kentucky 59
- Jan 06, 2018 – Tennessee 76 vs. Kentucky 65
- Feb 14, 2017 – Kentucky 83 vs. Tennessee 58
- Jan 24, 2017 – Tennessee 82 vs. Kentucky 80
- Feb 18, 2016 – Kentucky 80 vs. Tennessee 70
- Feb 02, 2016 – Tennessee 84 vs. Kentucky 77
Injury Report for Tennessee
- Olivier Nkamhoua: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Kentucky
- Jacob Toppin: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- TyTy Washington Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- CJ Fredrick: Out (Hamstring)
- Shaedon Sharpe: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)