Denver @ Toronto
Current Records: Denver 30-25; Toronto 31-23
What to Know
After three games on the road, the Toronto Raptors are heading back home. They will square off against the Denver Nuggets at 7:30 p.m. ET Saturday at Scotiabank Arena. Toronto will be strutting in after a win while Denver will be stumbling in from a loss.
The Raptors had enough points to win and then some against the Houston Rockets on Thursday, taking their contest 139-120. Shooting guard Gary Trent Jr. had a stellar game for Toronto as he shot 6-for-13 from beyond the arc and finished with 42 points and five steals.
Meanwhile, Denver was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Friday as they fell 108-102 to the Boston Celtics. Despite the defeat, Denver got a solid performance out of center Nikola Jokic, who posted a triple-double on 23 points, 16 boards, and 11 assists. That makes it five consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least 11 rebounds.
The Raptors are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They are currently eight-for-eight against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Toronto’s victory brought them up to 31-23 while the Nuggets’ defeat pulled them down to 30-25. Toronto is 18-12 after wins this year, and Denver is 13-11 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena — Toronto, Ontario
- TV: The Sports Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $67.57
The Raptors are a 3.5-point favorite against the Nuggets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Denver have won seven out of their last 12 games against Toronto.
- Apr 29, 2021 – Denver 121 vs. Toronto 111
- Mar 24, 2021 – Toronto 135 vs. Denver 111
- Aug 14, 2020 – Toronto 117 vs. Denver 109
- Mar 01, 2020 – Denver 133 vs. Toronto 118
- Dec 16, 2018 – Denver 95 vs. Toronto 86
- Dec 03, 2018 – Denver 106 vs. Toronto 103
- Mar 27, 2018 – Toronto 114 vs. Denver 110
- Nov 01, 2017 – Denver 129 vs. Toronto 111
- Nov 18, 2016 – Toronto 113 vs. Denver 111
- Oct 31, 2016 – Toronto 105 vs. Denver 102
- Feb 01, 2016 – Denver 112 vs. Toronto 93
- Dec 03, 2015 – Denver 106 vs. Toronto 105