Belmont @ UT Martin
Current Records: Belmont 11-3; UT Martin 6-8
What to Know
The Belmont Bruins are 8-0 against the UT Martin Skyhawks since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Saturday. Belmont and UT Martin will face off in an Ohio Valley battle at 4:30 p.m. ET at Skyhawk Arena. The Bruins won both of their matches against UT Martin last season (90-69 and 89-69) and are aiming for the same result this time around.
Belmont couldn’t have asked for a better start to 2022 than the 102-62 stomp they dished out against the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at home on Thursday.
Meanwhile, UT Martin strolled past the Tennessee State Tigers with points to spare on Thursday, taking the game 94-78.
Belmont is the favorite in this one, with an expected 16.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (7-3), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The Bruins are now 11-3 while the Skyhawks sit at 6-8. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Belmont comes into the contest boasting the 21st most points per game in college basketball at 82.1. Less enviably, UT Martin is 53rd worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 73.8 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against UT Martin.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Skyhawk Arena — Martin, Tennessee
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bruins are a big 16.5-point favorite against the Skyhawks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 16.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Belmont have won all of the games they’ve played against UT Martin in the last eight years.
- Jan 09, 2021 – Belmont 89 vs. UT Martin 69
- Jan 02, 2021 – Belmont 90 vs. UT Martin 69
- Jan 11, 2020 – Belmont 85 vs. UT Martin 78
- Feb 28, 2019 – Belmont 112 vs. UT Martin 67
- Feb 02, 2019 – Belmont 82 vs. UT Martin 67
- Dec 30, 2017 – Belmont 65 vs. UT Martin 58
- Jan 05, 2017 – Belmont 83 vs. UT Martin 67
- Jan 21, 2016 – Belmont 82 vs. UT Martin 72