Miami @ Portland
Current Records: Miami 23-15; Portland 14-22
What to Know
The Miami Heat are on the road again on Wednesday and play against the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET Jan. 5 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Heat are the slight favorite, but fans of both teams should be in for an exciting matchup likely to go down to the wire.
Miami came up short against the Golden State Warriors on Monday, falling 115-108. Despite the defeat, Miami had strong showings from small forward Jimmy Butler, who had 22 points in addition to five boards, and small forward Caleb Martin, who had 19 points along with nine rebounds.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, Portland beat the Atlanta Hawks 136-131 on Monday. Rip City’s shooting guard Anfernee Simons was on fire, shooting 9-for-16 from beyond the arc and finishing with 43 points and seven assists.
Miami is now 23-15 while Portland sits at 14-22. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Heat enter the game with only 104.2 points allowed per game on average, good for fourth best in the league. Less enviably, the Trail Blazers have allowed their opponents to shoot 48% from the floor on average, which is the highest shooting percentage allowed in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter — Portland, Oregon
- TV: Bally Sports Sun
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $24.27
The Heat are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Trail Blazers as a 1-point favorite.
Portland have won seven out of their last 12 games against Miami.
- Apr 11, 2021 – Miami 107 vs. Portland 98
- Mar 25, 2021 – Portland 125 vs. Miami 122
- Feb 09, 2020 – Portland 115 vs. Miami 109
- Jan 05, 2020 – Miami 122 vs. Portland 111
- Feb 05, 2019 – Miami 118 vs. Portland 108
- Oct 27, 2018 – Miami 120 vs. Portland 111
- Mar 12, 2018 – Portland 115 vs. Miami 99
- Dec 13, 2017 – Portland 102 vs. Miami 95
- Mar 19, 2017 – Portland 115 vs. Miami 104
- Dec 03, 2016 – Portland 99 vs. Miami 92
- Apr 02, 2016 – Portland 110 vs. Miami 93
- Dec 20, 2015 – Miami 116 vs. Portland 109
Injury Report for Portland
- Cody Zeller: Out (Covid-19)
- Damian Lillard: Out (Abdomen)
- CJ McCollum: Out (Chest)
Injury Report for Miami
- Udonis Haslem: Out (Covid-19)
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Jimmy Butler: Out (Ankle)
- Dewayne Dedmon: Out (Knee)
- Gabe Vincent: Out (Covid-19)
- Aric Holman: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Marcus Garrett: Out (Covid-19)
- KZ Okpala: Out (Wrist)
- Bam Adebayo: Out (Thumb)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)