Arizona State @ San Diego State
Current Records: Arizona State 2-1; San Diego State 1-1
What to Know
The Arizona State Sun Devils have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the San Diego State Aztecs at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl. ASU will be strutting in after a win while San Diego State will be stumbling in from a loss.
The Sun Devils beat the North Florida Ospreys 72-63 on Monday. ASU got double-digit scores from four players: guard DJ Horne (16), guard Marreon Jackson (13), forward Kimani Lawrence (12), and Jalen Graham (10). Horne hadn’t helped his team much against the California Riverside Highlanders last Thursday, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Meanwhile, San Diego State was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap last week as they fell 66-60 to the Brigham Young Cougars. San Diego State’s defeat came about despite a quality game from forward Nathan Mensah, who had 18 points in addition to eight boards.
ASU is expected to lose this next one by 8.5. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in all their past three games.
The Sun Devils ended up a good deal behind the Aztecs when they played when the two teams previously met in December of last year, losing 80-68. Can ASU avenge their defeat, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We’ll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl — San Diego, California
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $13.00
The Aztecs are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Sun Devils, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Arizona State have won two out of their last three games against San Diego State.
- Dec 10, 2020 – San Diego State 80 vs. Arizona State 68
- Nov 14, 2017 – Arizona State 90 vs. San Diego State 68
- Dec 10, 2016 – Arizona State 74 vs. San Diego State 63
Injury Report for San Diego State
- Jaedon LeDee: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Arizona State
- Justin Rochelin: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Jordan Williams: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Marcus Bagley: Out (Knee)