Brooklyn @ New Orleans
Current Records: Brooklyn 8-4; New Orleans 1-11
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans haven’t won a contest against the Brooklyn Nets since Oct. 26 of 2018, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Friday. New Orleans’ homestand continues as they prepare to take on Brooklyn at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 12 at Smoothie King Center. If the matchup is anything like the Nets’ 134-129 win from their previous meeting in April, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
New Orleans came up short against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday, falling 108-100. Despite the defeat, New Orleans got a solid performance out of shooting guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker, who dropped a double-double on 33 points and ten rebounds.
A well-balanced attack led Brooklyn over the Orlando Magic every single quarter on their way to victory on Wednesday. Brooklyn claimed a resounding 123-90 victory over Orlando on the road. The game was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Brooklyn had established a 94-75 advantage. Their power forward Kevin Durant did his thing and had 30 points in addition to five boards. The game made it KD’s third in a row with at least 30 points.
New Orleans is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past five games, so buyers beware.
New Orleans is now 1-11 while the Nets sit at 8-4. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: The Pelicans have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.60% from the floor on average, which is the third highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. Brooklyn’s defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.30%, which places them second in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports – New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.24
The Nets are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
New Orleans and Brooklyn both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Apr 20, 2021 – Brooklyn 134 vs. New Orleans 129
- Apr 07, 2021 – Brooklyn 139 vs. New Orleans 111
- Dec 17, 2019 – Brooklyn 108 vs. New Orleans 101
- Nov 04, 2019 – Brooklyn 135 vs. New Orleans 125
- Jan 02, 2019 – Brooklyn 126 vs. New Orleans 121
- Oct 26, 2018 – New Orleans 117 vs. Brooklyn 115
- Feb 10, 2018 – New Orleans 138 vs. Brooklyn 128
- Dec 27, 2017 – New Orleans 128 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 20, 2017 – Brooklyn 143 vs. New Orleans 114
- Jan 12, 2017 – New Orleans 104 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Apr 03, 2016 – New Orleans 106 vs. Brooklyn 87
- Jan 30, 2016 – New Orleans 105 vs. Brooklyn 103