Kansas State @ Oklahoma
Current Records: Kansas State 8-3; Oklahoma 10-2
What to Know
The Kansas State Wildcats and the Oklahoma Sooners are set to square off in a Big 12 matchup at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 1 at Lloyd Noble Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with Oklahoma winning the first 76-50 at home and the Wildcats taking the second 62-57.
The stars were brightly shining for K-State in a 74-59 victory over the McNeese State Cowboys two weeks ago. K-State can attribute much of their success to guard Markquis Nowell, who posted a double-double on 18 points and ten assists.
Meanwhile, everything went Oklahoma’s way against the Alcorn State Braves two weeks ago as they made off with a 72-48 win. Guard Umoja Gibson was the offensive standout of the matchup for Oklahoma, shooting 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and finishing with 17 points.
The Wildcats are expected to lose this next one by 8. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with K-State, who are 5-6 against the spread.
The wins brought K-State up to 8-3 and Oklahoma to 10-2. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: K-State have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 38.30%, which places them 25th in college basketball. But Oklahoma enters the contest with a 51% field goal percentage, good for sixth best in college basketball. We’ll see which of these strengths — offense or defense — will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Lloyd Noble Center — Norman, Oklahoma
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The Sooners are a big 8-point favorite against the Wildcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8-point spread, and stayed right there.
Kansas State have won seven out of their last 12 games against Oklahoma.
- Feb 23, 2021 – Kansas State 62 vs. Oklahoma 57
- Jan 19, 2021 – Oklahoma 76 vs. Kansas State 50
- Jan 29, 2020 – Kansas State 61 vs. Oklahoma 53
- Jan 04, 2020 – Oklahoma 66 vs. Kansas State 61
- Mar 09, 2019 – Kansas State 68 vs. Oklahoma 53
- Jan 16, 2019 – Kansas State 74 vs. Oklahoma 61
- Feb 24, 2018 – Oklahoma 86 vs. Kansas State 77
- Jan 16, 2018 – Kansas State 87 vs. Oklahoma 69
- Feb 25, 2017 – Oklahoma 81 vs. Kansas State 51
- Jan 07, 2017 – Kansas State 75 vs. Oklahoma 64
- Feb 06, 2016 – Kansas State 80 vs. Oklahoma 69
- Jan 09, 2016 – Oklahoma 86 vs. Kansas State 76
Injury Report for Oklahoma
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Kansas State
- Seryee Lewis: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)