Wisconsin-Milwaukee @ Northern Kentucky
Current Records: Wisconsin-Milwaukee 3-9; Northern Kentucky 5-7
What to Know
The Northern Kentucky Norse are 11-3 against the Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panthers since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Saturday. NKU and Wisconsin-Milwaukee will face off in a Horizon League battle at 2 p.m. ET at BB&T Arena. The Norse won both of their matches against the Panthers last season (87-73 and 79-65) and are aiming for the same result this time around.
NKU didn’t have too much breathing room in their contest with the Green Bay Phoenix on Thursday, but they still walked away with a 79-74 win.
Meanwhile, Wisconsin-Milwaukee was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Thursday as they fell 80-75 to the Wright State Raiders.
NKU is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 1-5 against the spread when favored.
The Norse are now 5-7 while the Panthers sit at 3-9. Two offensive stats to keep an eye on: NKU has only been able to knock down 40.90% percent of their shots, which is the 37th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. Wisconsin-Milwaukee has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the 36th fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 64.8 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: BB&T Arena — Highland Heights, Kentucky
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $27.00
The Norse are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Panthers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Northern Kentucky have won 11 out of their last 14 games against Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Feb 06, 2021 – Northern Kentucky 79 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 65
- Feb 05, 2021 – Northern Kentucky 87 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 73
- Feb 02, 2020 – Northern Kentucky 65 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 56
- Dec 28, 2019 – Northern Kentucky 74 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 64
- Feb 28, 2019 – Northern Kentucky 65 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 55
- Jan 26, 2019 – Northern Kentucky 73 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 60
- Feb 08, 2018 – Northern Kentucky 54 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 52
- Jan 18, 2018 – Northern Kentucky 91 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 64
- Mar 07, 2017 – Northern Kentucky 59 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 53
- Feb 11, 2017 – Northern Kentucky 69 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 63
- Jan 12, 2017 – Wisconsin-Milwaukee 68 vs. Northern Kentucky 58
- Mar 05, 2016 – Wisconsin-Milwaukee 86 vs. Northern Kentucky 69
- Feb 06, 2016 – Northern Kentucky 75 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 71
- Jan 04, 2016 – Wisconsin-Milwaukee 76 vs. Northern Kentucky 67
Injury Report for Northern Kentucky
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Samba Kane: Game-Time Decision (Toe)
- Patrick Baldwin Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Markeith Browning II: Out (Hand)