Wyoming @ New Mexico
Current Records: Wyoming 21-3; New Mexico 10-14
What to Know
The New Mexico Lobos haven’t won a game against the #22 Wyoming Cowboys since Feb. 8 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Tuesday. New Mexico and the Cowboys will face off in a Mountain West battle at 9 p.m. ET at The Pit. These two teams are strolling into their contest after big wins in their previous games.
New Mexico took their matchup at home last week with ease, bagging a 78-46 victory over the Northern New Mexico Eagles.
Meanwhile, Wyoming took their game against the San Jose State Spartans this past Saturday by a conclusive 74-52 score. It was another big night for Wyoming’s forward Graham Ike, who dropped a double-double on 25 points and 18 boards.
New Mexico is expected to lose this next one by 5.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-4-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
Their wins bumped the Lobos to 10-14 and the Cowboys to 21-3. With both New Mexico and Wyoming swaggering in after impressive performances, it will be interesting to see which team steps up to teach the other some humility.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: The Pit — Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.12
The Cowboys are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Lobos, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
New Mexico have won eight out of their last 14 games against Wyoming.
- Jan 22, 2022 – Wyoming 93 vs. New Mexico 91
- Feb 19, 2021 – Wyoming 79 vs. New Mexico 67
- Feb 17, 2021 – Wyoming 83 vs. New Mexico 74
- Feb 08, 2020 – New Mexico 97 vs. Wyoming 68
- Dec 07, 2019 – New Mexico 79 vs. Wyoming 65
- Mar 13, 2019 – New Mexico 78 vs. Wyoming 68
- Mar 09, 2019 – Wyoming 88 vs. New Mexico 81
- Jan 19, 2019 – New Mexico 83 vs. Wyoming 53
- Mar 08, 2018 – New Mexico 85 vs. Wyoming 75
- Feb 20, 2018 – New Mexico 119 vs. Wyoming 114
- Jan 10, 2018 – New Mexico 75 vs. Wyoming 66
- Feb 25, 2017 – Wyoming 82 vs. New Mexico 71
- Jan 21, 2017 – New Mexico 78 vs. Wyoming 71
- Jan 16, 2016 – Wyoming 70 vs. New Mexico 68
Injury Report for New Mexico
- Emmanuel Kuac: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)
Injury Report for Wyoming
- Kenny Foster: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)