Prairie View A&M @ Mississippi Valley State
Current Records: Prairie View A&M 7-15; Mississippi Valley State 2-22
What to Know
The Prairie View A&M Panthers and the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils are set to square off in an SWAC matchup at 8:30 p.m. ET Feb. 21 at Harrison Complex. Prairie View A&M should still be feeling good after a win, while Mississippi Valley State will be looking to get back in the win column.
The Panthers were able to grind out a solid victory over the Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions this past Saturday, winning 92-84.
Meanwhile, the oddsmakers predicted a rough matchup for Mississippi Valley State this past Saturday, and boy were they were right. They found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 79-59 punch to the gut against the Texas Southern Tigers.
Prairie View A&M is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Prairie View A&M, who are 11-11 against the spread.
The Panthers’ victory brought them up to 7-15 while the Delta Devils’ loss pulled them down to 2-22. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Prairie View A&M is fifth worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 78.4 on average. Mississippi Valley State has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the contest with the 358th most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 83.9 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Harrison Complex — Itta Bena, Mississippi
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Panthers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Delta Devils, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Panthers as a 7.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Prairie View A&M have won 11 out of their last 14 games against Mississippi Valley State.
- Jan 08, 2022 – Mississippi Valley State 84 vs. Prairie View A&M 82
- Mar 10, 2021 – Prairie View A&M 91 vs. Mississippi Valley State 64
- Feb 25, 2021 – Prairie View A&M 82 vs. Mississippi Valley State 62
- Jan 23, 2021 – Prairie View A&M 77 vs. Mississippi Valley State 31
- Feb 24, 2020 – Prairie View A&M 88 vs. Mississippi Valley State 69
- Jan 27, 2020 – Prairie View A&M 102 vs. Mississippi Valley State 83
- Feb 23, 2019 – Prairie View A&M 69 vs. Mississippi Valley State 63
- Jan 26, 2019 – Prairie View A&M 89 vs. Mississippi Valley State 78
- Feb 19, 2018 – Mississippi Valley State 76 vs. Prairie View A&M 71
- Jan 22, 2018 – Prairie View A&M 93 vs. Mississippi Valley State 77
- Feb 18, 2017 – Prairie View A&M 82 vs. Mississippi Valley State 69
- Jan 21, 2017 – Prairie View A&M 87 vs. Mississippi Valley State 72
- Feb 22, 2016 – Prairie View A&M 63 vs. Mississippi Valley State 61
- Jan 25, 2016 – Mississippi Valley State 76 vs. Prairie View A&M 73