New Orleans @ McNeese State
Current Records: New Orleans 4-7; McNeese State 4-9
What to Know
The McNeese State Cowboys are 2-9 against the New Orleans Privateers since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Thursday. The Cowboys and New Orleans will face off in a Southland battle at 2:30 p.m. ET at Leonard E. Merrell Center. Both teams are strolling into their game after big wins in their previous games.
McNeese State simply couldn’t be stopped last week, as they easily beat the Ecclesia Royals at home 115-66.
Meanwhile, New Orleans couldn’t have asked for better way to wrap up 2021 than the 94-54 stomp they got at home against the Belhaven College Blazers this past Friday.
The wins brought McNeese State up to 4-9 and New Orleans to 4-7. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Cowboys come into the contest boasting the eighth most steals per game in college basketball at 10.5. Less enviably, the Privateers have allowed their opponents an average of 7.6 steals per game, the 52nd most in college basketball. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Leonard E. Merrell Center — Katy, Texas
- Follow: CBS Sports App
New Orleans have won nine out of their last 11 games against McNeese State.
- Jan 16, 2021 – New Orleans 99 vs. McNeese State 84
- Feb 22, 2020 – New Orleans 82 vs. McNeese State 77
- Jan 18, 2020 – McNeese State 65 vs. New Orleans 52
- Feb 23, 2019 – New Orleans 60 vs. McNeese State 51
- Jan 12, 2019 – New Orleans 79 vs. McNeese State 66
- Feb 17, 2018 – New Orleans 90 vs. McNeese State 74
- Jan 06, 2018 – New Orleans 82 vs. McNeese State 75
- Feb 09, 2017 – New Orleans 69 vs. McNeese State 63
- Jan 26, 2017 – New Orleans 75 vs. McNeese State 56
- Feb 11, 2016 – McNeese State 87 vs. New Orleans 76
- Jan 30, 2016 – New Orleans 76 vs. McNeese State 64