Iowa @ Ohio State
Current Records: Iowa 17-8; Ohio State 16-6
What to Know
The #18 Ohio State Buckeyes and the Iowa Hawkeyes are set to square off in a Big Ten matchup at 2:30 p.m. ET Feb. 19 at Value City Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Buckeyes winning the first 89-85 on the road and Iowa taking the second 73-57.
OSU took their contest against the Minnesota Golden Gophers on Tuesday by a conclusive 70-45 score. The top scorer for OSU was forward E.J. Liddell (16 points).
Meanwhile, Iowa was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Thursday as they fell 84-79 to the Michigan Wolverines. Forward Keegan Murray put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 23 points in addition to seven boards and four blocks.
OSU is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The Buckeyes are now 16-6 while the Hawkeyes sit at 17-8. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: OSU is stumbling into the game with the 18th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 10.6 on average. To make matters even worse for OSU, Iowa enters the matchup with only 8.9 turnovers per game on average, good for third best in college basketball. Maybe that strength will give Iowa the oomph they need to beat the odds.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Value City Arena — Columbus, Ohio
- TV: FOX
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Buckeyes are a 5-point favorite against the Hawkeyes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Ohio State have won five out of their last nine games against Iowa.
- Feb 28, 2021 – Iowa 73 vs. Ohio State 57
- Feb 04, 2021 – Ohio State 89 vs. Iowa 85
- Feb 20, 2020 – Iowa 85 vs. Ohio State 76
- Feb 26, 2019 – Ohio State 90 vs. Iowa 70
- Jan 12, 2019 – Iowa 72 vs. Ohio State 62
- Feb 10, 2018 – Ohio State 82 vs. Iowa 64
- Jan 04, 2018 – Ohio State 92 vs. Iowa 81
- Jan 28, 2017 – Iowa 85 vs. Ohio State 72
- Feb 28, 2016 – Ohio State 68 vs. Iowa 64
Injury Report for Ohio State
- Justice Sueing: Out (Abdomen)
- Seth Towns: Out for the Season (Back)
Injury Report for Iowa
No Injury Information