Colorado State @ New Mexico
Current Records: Colorado State 20-3; New Mexico 11-14
What to Know
The New Mexico Lobos have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Colorado State Rams and are hoping to record their first win since March 2 of 2019. The Lobos have the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome Colorado State at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 17 at The Pit. New Mexico is out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
New Mexico was able to grind out a solid victory over the Wyoming Cowboys on Tuesday, winning 75-66. Guard Jaelen House had 34 points and six assists, and this makes it back-to-back games in which he has scored at least 45% of New Mexico’s points.
Speaking of close games: Colorado State came out on top in a nail-biter against the Boise State Broncos on Sunday, sneaking past 77-74. The Rams can attribute much of their success to guard Chandler Jacobs, who had 16 points in addition to seven boards.
The Lobos are expected to lose this next one by 7. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 9-4-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
Their wins bumped New Mexico to 11-14 and Colorado State to 20-3. On Tuesday New Mexico relied heavily on House, who had 34 points and six assists. It will be up to Colorado State’s defense to limit his damage Thursday.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: The Pit — Albuquerque, New Mexico
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Rams are a solid 7-point favorite against the Lobos, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Rams as a 7.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Colorado State have won six out of their last ten games against New Mexico.
- Jan 19, 2022 – Colorado State 80 vs. New Mexico 74
- Mar 03, 2021 – Colorado State 87 vs. New Mexico 73
- Jan 15, 2020 – Colorado State 105 vs. New Mexico 72
- Mar 02, 2019 – New Mexico 77 vs. Colorado State 65
- Jan 12, 2019 – Colorado State 91 vs. New Mexico 76
- Feb 28, 2018 – New Mexico 108 vs. Colorado State 87
- Jan 27, 2018 – New Mexico 80 vs. Colorado State 65
- Feb 21, 2017 – Colorado State 68 vs. New Mexico 56
- Jan 14, 2017 – New Mexico 84 vs. Colorado State 71
- Feb 23, 2016 – Colorado State 86 vs. New Mexico 69