Through 2 Quarters
We’ve seen some fireworks two quarters in as the Chicago Bulls and the Atlanta Hawks have combined for 132 points. Chicago currently holds a 69-63 lead.
The Bulls have been riding high on the performance of shooting guard Zach LaVine, who has 23 points and five assists along with three rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Coby White’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Small forward Cam Reddish (19 points) and point guard Trae Young (17 points) have been the top scorers for Atlanta.
Atlanta hasn’t been much of a second-half team this year, losing 92% of the time when they were down at the break.
Chicago @ Atlanta
Current Records: Chicago 20-10; Atlanta 15-17
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls haven’t won a contest against the Atlanta Hawks since Dec. 28 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Monday. Chicago might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against Atlanta at 7:30 p.m. ET Dec. 27 at State Farm Arena.
The Bulls netted a 113-105 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Sunday. It was another big night for Chicago’s shooting guard Zach LaVine, who shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 32 points and five dimes.
Meanwhile, Atlanta ended up a good deal behind the New York Knicks when they played this past Saturday, losing 101-87. One thing holding Atlanta back was the mediocre play of shooting guard Bogdan Bogdanovic, who did not have his best game: he played for 35 minutes but put up just eight points on 2-for-12 shooting.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Chicago is expected to win a tight contest. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (14-6), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Chicago’s win lifted them to 20-10 while Atlanta’s loss dropped them down to 15-17. We’ll see if the Bulls can repeat their recent success or if the Hawks bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $49.00
The Bulls are a 3-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Bulls slightly, as the game opened with the Bulls as a 5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Atlanta have won 12 out of their last 21 games against Chicago.
- May 01, 2021 – Atlanta 108 vs. Chicago 97
- Apr 09, 2021 – Atlanta 120 vs. Chicago 108
- Dec 23, 2020 – Atlanta 124 vs. Chicago 104
- Dec 28, 2019 – Chicago 116 vs. Atlanta 81
- Dec 11, 2019 – Chicago 136 vs. Atlanta 102
- Nov 06, 2019 – Chicago 113 vs. Atlanta 93
- Mar 03, 2019 – Atlanta 123 vs. Chicago 118
- Mar 01, 2019 – Chicago 168 vs. Atlanta 161
- Jan 23, 2019 – Atlanta 121 vs. Chicago 101
- Oct 27, 2018 – Chicago 97 vs. Atlanta 85
- Mar 11, 2018 – Chicago 129 vs. Atlanta 122
- Jan 20, 2018 – Chicago 113 vs. Atlanta 97
- Oct 26, 2017 – Chicago 91 vs. Atlanta 86
- Apr 01, 2017 – Chicago 106 vs. Atlanta 104
- Jan 25, 2017 – Atlanta 119 vs. Chicago 114
- Jan 20, 2017 – Atlanta 102 vs. Chicago 93
- Nov 09, 2016 – Atlanta 115 vs. Chicago 107
- Mar 28, 2016 – Atlanta 102 vs. Chicago 100
- Feb 26, 2016 – Atlanta 103 vs. Chicago 88
- Feb 10, 2016 – Atlanta 113 vs. Chicago 90
- Jan 09, 2016 – Atlanta 120 vs. Chicago 105
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Danilo Gallinari: Out (Covid-19)
- Lou Williams: Out (Covid-19)
- Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot: Out (Covid-19)
- Kevin Huerter: Out (Covid-19)
- De’Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)
- Sharife Cooper: Out (Covid-19)
- Wes Iwundu: Out (Covid-19)
- John Collins: Out (Covid-19)
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Covid-19)
- Jalen Johnson: Out (Covid-19)
- Delon Wright: Out (Covid-19)
- Solomon Hill: Out for the Season (Hamstring)
Injury Report for Chicago
- Derrick Jones Jr.: Out (Hamstring)
- Alex Caruso: Out (Foot)
- Tony Bradley: Out (Covid-19)
- Lonzo Ball: Out (Covid-19)
- Alfonzo McKinnie: Out (Covid-19)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)