Miami @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Miami 7-4; Los Angeles 6-4
What to Know
The Miami Heat are 3-9 against the Los Angeles Clippers since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Thursday. Miami might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against Los Angeles at 10:30 p.m. ET Nov. 11 at Staples Center. The Clippers should still be riding high after a win, while the Heat will be looking to right the ship.
Miami fought the good fight in their overtime game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 120-117. A silver lining for Miami was the play of center Bam Adebayo, who posted a double-double on 28 points and ten rebounds along with six steals.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles beat the Portland Trail Blazers 117-109 on Tuesday. Los Angeles’ power forward Nicolas Batum was one of the most active players for the squad, shooting 6-for-8 from downtown and finishing with 22 points and six boards.
Miami is expected to lose this next one by 5.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 2-0 against the spread when expected to lose.
Miami is now 7-4 while the Clippers sit at 6-4. A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Heat have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.40%, which places them third in the league. Los Angeles is not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.60%, which places them fourth in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center — Los Angeles, California
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Clippers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Clippers as a 2.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Los Angeles have won nine out of their last 12 games against Miami.
- Feb 15, 2021 – Los Angeles 125 vs. Miami 118
- Jan 28, 2021 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Miami 105
- Feb 05, 2020 – Los Angeles 128 vs. Miami 111
- Jan 24, 2020 – Los Angeles 122 vs. Miami 117
- Jan 23, 2019 – Los Angeles 111 vs. Miami 99
- Dec 08, 2018 – Miami 121 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Dec 16, 2017 – Miami 90 vs. Los Angeles 85
- Nov 05, 2017 – Miami 104 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Jan 08, 2017 – Los Angeles 98 vs. Miami 86
- Dec 16, 2016 – Los Angeles 102 vs. Miami 98
- Feb 07, 2016 – Los Angeles 100 vs. Miami 93
- Jan 13, 2016 – Los Angeles 104 vs. Miami 90
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Serge Ibaka: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Marcus Morris: Out (Knee)
- Keon Johnson: Out (Ankle)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Miami
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Jimmy Butler: Out (Ankle)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)