Memphis @ Cleveland
Current Records: Memphis 24-14; Cleveland 21-16
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Memphis Grizzlies at 7 p.m. ET Jan. 4 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. If the contest is anything like Memphis’ 132-121 win from their previous meeting in October of last year, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
It was a close one, but on Sunday the Cavaliers sidestepped the Indiana Pacers for a 108-104 victory. Cleveland’s success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but power forward Kevin Love led the charge as he had 20 points along with eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, Memphis strolled past the Brooklyn Nets with points to spare on Monday, taking the matchup 118-104. Memphis’ point guard Ja Morant did his thing and had 36 points and eight assists in addition to six boards. Morant’s night made it four games in a row in which he has scored at least 30 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Cleveland is expected to win a tight contest Tuesday. Now might not be the best time to take the Cavaliers against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past four consecutive games.
The wins brought Cleveland up to 21-16 and the Grizzlies to 24-14. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Cleveland has allowed their opponents an average of 8.6 steals per game, the fourth most in the league. To make matters even worse for Cleveland, Memphis comes into the game boasting the most steals per game in the league at 10.37. In other words, Cleveland will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse — Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.08
The Cavaliers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Cleveland have won seven out of their last 13 games against Memphis.
- Oct 20, 2021 – Memphis 132 vs. Cleveland 121
- Jan 11, 2021 – Memphis 101 vs. Cleveland 91
- Jan 07, 2021 – Cleveland 94 vs. Memphis 90
- Jan 17, 2020 – Memphis 113 vs. Cleveland 109
- Dec 20, 2019 – Cleveland 114 vs. Memphis 107
- Feb 23, 2019 – Cleveland 112 vs. Memphis 107
- Dec 26, 2018 – Memphis 95 vs. Cleveland 87
- Feb 23, 2018 – Cleveland 112 vs. Memphis 89
- Dec 02, 2017 – Cleveland 116 vs. Memphis 111
- Dec 14, 2016 – Memphis 93 vs. Cleveland 85
- Dec 13, 2016 – Cleveland 103 vs. Memphis 86
- Mar 07, 2016 – Memphis 106 vs. Cleveland 103
- Oct 28, 2015 – Cleveland 106 vs. Memphis 76