Santa Clara @ Gonzaga
Current Records: Santa Clara 18-9; Gonzaga 22-2
What to Know
Get ready for a West Coast battle as the Santa Clara Broncos and the #1 Gonzaga Bulldogs will face off at 9 p.m. ET this past Saturday at McCarthey Athletic Center. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Things were close when Santa Clara and the Loyola Marymount Lions clashed this past Thursday, but the Broncos ultimately edged out the opposition 84-80. Santa Clara relied on the efforts of guard PJ Pipes, who had 19 points, and guard Jalen Williams, who had 11 points and five assists in addition to five rebounds and three blocks.
Meanwhile, everything went Gonzaga’s way against the Pepperdine Waves this past Wednesday as they made off with an 86-66 win. It was another big night for Gonzaga’s center Chet Holmgren, who dropped a double-double on 18 points and 17 boards along with four blocks.
Santa Clara is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 4-2-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
The Broncos are now 18-9 while the Bulldogs sit at 22-2. A couple offensive stats to keep an eye on: Santa Clara comes into the matchup boasting the 11th highest field goal percentage in college basketball at 48.70%. Gonzaga has displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they enter the game with 89.9 points per game on average, which is the best in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: McCarthey Athletic Center — Spokane, Washington
- TV: ROOT SPORTS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bulldogs are a big 22-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 21.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Gonzaga have won all of the games they’ve played against Santa Clara in the last eight years.
- Jan 15, 2022 – Gonzaga 115 vs. Santa Clara 83
- Feb 25, 2021 – Gonzaga 89 vs. Santa Clara 75
- Jan 30, 2020 – Gonzaga 87 vs. Santa Clara 72
- Jan 16, 2020 – Gonzaga 104 vs. Santa Clara 54
- Jan 24, 2019 – Gonzaga 98 vs. Santa Clara 39
- Jan 05, 2019 – Gonzaga 91 vs. Santa Clara 48
- Jan 20, 2018 – Gonzaga 75 vs. Santa Clara 60
- Dec 30, 2017 – Gonzaga 101 vs. Santa Clara 52
- Mar 06, 2017 – Gonzaga 77 vs. Santa Clara 68
- Feb 04, 2017 – Gonzaga 90 vs. Santa Clara 55
- Jan 19, 2017 – Gonzaga 88 vs. Santa Clara 57
- Jan 28, 2016 – Gonzaga 84 vs. Santa Clara 67
- Dec 31, 2015 – Gonzaga 79 vs. Santa Clara 77
Injury Report for Gonzaga
- Kaden Perry: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Dominick Harris: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
Injury Report for Santa Clara
No Injury Information