Georgia Tech @ Georgia
Current Records: Georgia Tech 2-1; Georgia 2-1
What to Know
The Georgia Bulldogs are 5-0 against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets since December of 2015, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Friday. UGA has the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome Georgia Tech at 9 p.m. ET Nov. 19 at Stegeman Coliseum. The odds don’t look promising for UGA, but the bigger the opponent is, the harder they fall.
UGA didn’t have too much trouble with the South Carolina State Bulldogs at home on Tuesday as they won 76-60. Guard Aaron Cook was the offensive standout of the matchup for UGA, picking up 22 points and seven assists.
Meanwhile, the Yellow Jackets were able to grind out a solid victory over the Lamar Cardinals on Monday, winning 75-66. Georgia Tech can attribute much of their success to guard Dallan Coleman, who shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 19 points.
The wins brought UGA up to 2-1 and Georgia Tech to 2-1. UGA is 0-1 after wins this season, Georgia Tech 1-0.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Stegeman Coliseum — Athens, Georgia
- TV: SEC Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Yellow Jackets are a 3.5-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
Bettors have moved against the Yellow Jackets slightly, as the game opened with the Yellow Jackets as a 5.5-point favorite.
Georgia have won all of the games they’ve played against Georgia Tech in the last seven years.
- Nov 20, 2019 – Georgia 82 vs. Georgia Tech 78
- Dec 22, 2018 – Georgia 70 vs. Georgia Tech 59
- Dec 19, 2017 – Georgia 80 vs. Georgia Tech 59
- Dec 20, 2016 – Georgia 60 vs. Georgia Tech 43
- Dec 19, 2015 – Georgia 75 vs. Georgia Tech 61
Injury Report for Georgia
- P.J. Horne: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Georgia Tech
- Tristan Maxwell: Game-Time Decision (Teeth)
- Bubba Parham: Out (Knee)