Louisville @ Georgia Tech
Current Records: Louisville 8-4; Georgia Tech 6-5
What to Know
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are 1-7 against the Louisville Cardinals since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Sunday. Georgia Tech and U of L will face off in an ACC battle at 6 p.m. ET at McCamish Pavilion. The Yellow Jackets are out to stop a three-game streak of losses at home.
The Georgia State Panthers typically have all the answers at home, but last week Georgia Tech proved too difficult a challenge. Georgia Tech beat Georgia State 72-62. Guard Jordan Usher took over for Georgia Tech, finishing with 30 points (a whopping 42% of their total) in addition to 11 boards.
Meanwhile, on Wednesday the Cardinals capped 2021 off with a 73-69 win over the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. U of L got double-digit scores from four players: guard Noah Locke (17), forward Samuell Williamson (12), forward Malik Williams (11), and guard Mason Faulkner (11).
Their wins bumped Georgia Tech to 6-5 and U of L to 8-4. Usher will be someone to keep an eye on after he shot 5-for-6 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 30 points and 11 rebounds last Tuesday. Let’s see if he can build on that strong performance or if Louisville’s defense can bottle him up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: McCamish Pavilion — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Louisville have won seven out of their last eight games against Georgia Tech.
- Feb 01, 2021 – Louisville 74 vs. Georgia Tech 58
- Feb 12, 2020 – Georgia Tech 64 vs. Louisville 58
- Jan 22, 2020 – Louisville 68 vs. Georgia Tech 64
- Jan 19, 2019 – Louisville 79 vs. Georgia Tech 51
- Feb 08, 2018 – Louisville 77 vs. Georgia Tech 54
- Jan 07, 2017 – Louisville 65 vs. Georgia Tech 50
- Mar 01, 2016 – Louisville 56 vs. Georgia Tech 53
- Jan 23, 2016 – Louisville 75 vs. Georgia Tech 71