Texas-Arlington @ Georgia Southern
Current Records: Texas-Arlington 7-7; Georgia Southern 7-6
What to Know
The Georgia Southern Eagles will be returning home after a two-game road trip. The Eagles and the Texas-Arlington Mavericks will face off in a Sun Belt battle at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday at W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse. Georgia Southern is out to keep their four-game home win streak alive.
Georgia Southern received a tough blow on Saturday as they fell 74-56 to the Arkansas State Red Wolves.
Meanwhile, the Georgia State Panthers typically have all the answers at home, but on Thursday Texas-Arlington proved too difficult a challenge. Texas-Arlington was able to grind out a solid victory over Georgia State, winning 70-63.
The Eagles are now 7-6 while the Mavericks sit at 7-7. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Georgia Southern ranks 15th in college basketball when it comes to field goal percentage, with 49.20% on the season. But Texas-Arlington have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 38.60%, which places them 29th in college basketball. We’ll see which of these strengths — offense or defense — will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3 p.m. ET
- Where: W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse — Statesboro, Georgia
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Georgia Southern and Texas-Arlington both have five wins in their last ten games.
- Feb 22, 2020 – Georgia Southern 81 vs. Texas-Arlington 61
- Dec 21, 2019 – Georgia Southern 77 vs. Texas-Arlington 74
- Mar 16, 2019 – Texas-Arlington 67 vs. Georgia Southern 58
- Jan 24, 2019 – Texas-Arlington 72 vs. Georgia Southern 67
- Jan 05, 2019 – Georgia Southern 77 vs. Texas-Arlington 64
- Feb 22, 2018 – Texas-Arlington 83 vs. Georgia Southern 63
- Jan 27, 2018 – Georgia Southern 74 vs. Texas-Arlington 59
- Feb 20, 2017 – Texas-Arlington 81 vs. Georgia Southern 71
- Feb 04, 2016 – Georgia Southern 82 vs. Texas-Arlington 73
- Jan 02, 2016 – Texas-Arlington 92 vs. Georgia Southern 72